New research on the variables surrounding the waning efficacy of outbound marketing and the return on investing in content marketing and/or native advertising.
The average content marketing campaign can deliver KPIs equal to or better than most native advertising campaigns, but there are distinct differences. If your budget doesn’t have room for both, make sure you focus on what you want to accomplish for your brand:
- both boost brand awareness, but content will boost SEO and conversions while native ads encourage social engagement
- content yields a higher number of leads, high-quality links, and total social shares
- native campaigns yield higher views, site traffic, and social engagement
- average channels for content is 27 publisher stories, while native utilizes one publishing partner
- benefits of content marketing are increased organic rankings, optimized conversions, and brand awareness
- benefits of native advertising are brand awareness and engagement
- challenges of content marketing are the need for long-term investment and publisher partnerships
- challenges of native advertising are the lack of SEO benefit, cost of scale, and being perceived as an “ad”
There will always be the need to evaluate and refine campaigns to increase the ROI.
Investing in content marketing, native advertising, or any other online marketing strategy is an ongoing process.
Source: Social Media Today