What Social Media Personality Tests Say About Us
Regardless of the questionable results you may get from participating in online social media personality tests, sharing your personality online, demonstrates the following:
- A desire for personal connection. We are designed for community.
- A need to reveal yourself to others. We want to be known.
Developing your social media voice should feed these basic desires. A good blog is a place where an author and the reader can become personally connected and should be central to your content marketing strategy.
The most cost-effective way to create a successful blog is to make it a source of quality information that is authored by someone readers can feel personally connected to. The first step is to give your blog a personality.
Here are three tips to give your blog a personality:
1: Attribute your blog posts to a person.
- By simply putting a name and face with each post, your brand will become more trustworthy.
2: Focus on the quality and the tone of your content to build a personality.
- Having a clearly defined, consistent tone of voice fosters trust and attachment. Trust and attachment equal engagement.
3: Don’t take yourself too seriously.
- Tell stories and anecdotes and relate them back to your business, brand or product. This is particularly important, as people are naturally inclined to remember stories.
- When your blog has a distinct personality, you will receive more readers who become customers.
- How to Use Color Psychology in Email Newsletters (getresponse.com)
- 17 Powerful Persuasive Writing Techniques (business2community.com)
- Journalism needs a new tone of voice (onemanandhisblog.com)