Google invests significant money and man-power to fight system abuse related to Google Maps.
While they are getting closer, Google Maps seems to need some more anti-spam work done.
Other SEO’s mentioned they know people who claim they can create listings in any city, and by any business name, so we know the following:
- The spammer needs to have control over the phone number
- The spammer chooses herself the exact location of the listing
- This tactic was for sale at $3,000
Based on the information:
- Start by creating a brand-new Google account
- Then go to Google Map Maker, and add a new Place
- Receive the call from the Google Maps’ business information verification phone number
- Two minutes after the call, the listing is live, on Map Maker and on Maps
- Go to the listing’s Google+ page and claimed it
Why post this publicly?
To get Google to stop allowing spam on Google Maps.