A key to online success is the connections you build with Influencers.
- Online, the people you need to connect to the most are those who have the most influence over your audience and they can often be bloggers. Bloggers can sometimes attract massive audiences that follow not just their blogs, but also their digital footprint.
- They interact with them on a regular basis, and take their opinions and advice seriously. Having a good relationship with the right bloggers that are relevant for your business (and also target the same audience as you)
However, finding the right bloggers to connect with and getting them to write about your brand can be a difficult task.
Check to see who you are already interacting with
You might already be interacting with other influential bloggers – whether on your own blog, or on various social networks. If you’ve already established some sort of relationship with them, and they have interacted with you in the past, it shows that they might be willing to take your relationship further. If appropriate, consider talking to them about how you can help each other.
How engaged are they?
You need to look at not just their social media networks but also their blog. Do they generate many shares or comments? Do they take the time to respond to comments? Are they simply broadcasting on social media or actually talking to people – with people responding back! For successful results you want to connect with bloggers who take the time to engage.
Find out how influential a blogger is
Before contacting a blogger you’ve discovered, make sure you find out how influential he/she is. The more influential they are, the more chances there are that you won’t actually be able to establish a relationship with them.
The bigger a blog is, the more emails/requests they receive each day, making it very difficult to stand out. In most cases, it’s better to start with smaller blogs – they might have less readers and followers, but that also means you’ll probably have a much better chance at building a strong relationship with them that could benefit the both of you.
Tools to find bloggers
Group High You can use it to create lists and folders where you add your own lists of blogs, or search for blogs with their search function. The beauty of this tool is that it provides dozens of very useful stats, that will help you easily determine how influential a blog is, their contact information (if available), their social media links and stats, and even SEO and traffic metrics.
Inky Bee is another tool designed specifically for blogger outreach. You can use it to create numerous lists, and then add your own blogs or search for them using Inky Bee. You can set up discovery jobs and get emails whenever new blogs pop up matching your keywords, or search for blogs in real time, either by blogs posts, by blog name or by tags.
AuthoritySpy aggregates multiple data sources from the web. It helps you find influencers as well as authority blogs. AuthoritySpy also enhances each result by adding authority rankings (based on Followerwonk’s social authority and Klout score).
- 10 Smart Search Engine Marketing Tactics To Get Free Google Traffic (jeffbullas.com)
- What is “Influence” on Pinterest, Anyway? (addthis.com)
- 5 Easy Steps to Creating an Influencer Marketing Campaign (americanexpress.com)